The Virginia War Memorial is host to today's Commonwealth's Veterans Day Ceremony, starting at 10 a.m. Here are the details from the event organizers:
• Ceremony to honor all Virginians and Americans who have served in U.S. military.
• Ceremony includes presentation of memorial wreathes.
• Co-hosted by American Legion, 11th District, Dept. of Virginia
• Public invited to attend. Free admission.
• Parking will be limited. Public should arrive one hour before ceremony.
• Wednesday, November 11, 2015
• Ceremony: 10 A.M. E.S.T.
• Paul and Phyllis Galanti Education Center open from 8 A.M.-4 P.M.
• E. Bruce Heilman Amphitheater and Shrine of Memory
• Virginia War Memorial, 621 South Belvidere Street, Richmond, VA 23220
• Guest Speakers: The Honorable Terry McAuliffe, Governor of Virginia; Secretary Julian Castro, U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); Matthew Doherty, Exec. Director, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
• The Honorable John C. Harvey, Jr., Virginia Secretary of Veterans and Defense Affairs
• The Honorable John M. O’Bannon, Jr., Chair, Virginia War Memorial Board
• Major General Darrell K. Williams, Commanding General, Fort Lee
• John Newby, Commissioner, Virginia Dept. of Veteran Services