DaytimeDefine your eyes with a stylish,
1. Choose eye shadow one shade lighter than natural skin tone.
2. Use eye-shadow color to cover entire eyelid, from lash line to brow bone.
3. Use eyeliner on upper lid to define eye shape.
4. Finish with eyelash curler and two coats of mascara.
The Goods (Day)
Bobbi Brown eye shadow in Nude. Saks Fifth Avenue, $19.
CoverGirl Outlast Smoothwear All-Day eyeliner in Onyx, CVS, $6.99
CoverGirl VolumeExact mascara in Very Black, CVS, $7.99
From Day to NightTransform your daytime eyes into a sophisticated evening look.
1. Add color two shades darker than natural skin to crease of eyelid to enhance daytime color.
2. Add shimmer to inner corner of eyelid to create a wider almond-shaped eye.
The Goods (Night)
Crease: Tony & Tina eye shadow in Self Referential, Beautyrose.com, $14.
Inner corner: M.A.C. pigment in Frost, M.A.C. Stony Point, $19.50.
All-out GlamourAdd a touch of drama for a night on the town.
1. For smoky eyes, choose a deep shade of eye shadow and color entire lid from lash to crease.
2. Leave brow bone natural or use shadow one shade lighter than natural skin tone.
3. For over-the-top glamour, add a set of false lashes or apply three coats of mascara (used here). Use liner on upper and lower lids.
The Goods (Glamour)
Lid to crease: Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals liner shadow in Patio Party, Sephora, $13.
Brows: M.A.C. Brow Set Gel in Show-Off, Nordstrom, $13.50.
Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Sephora, $18.