1. Catch a holiday classic with the tree lighting at the Jefferson Hotel on Monday, Nov. 28, at 5 p.m. jeffersonhotel.com.
2. Tree trimming at Quirk Hotel, 201 W. Broad St., on Thursday, Dec. 1, from 5-8 p.m.
3. The Grand Illumination at the James Center on Friday, Dec. 2, from 5:55-7 p.m. The reindeer and buildings illuminate at 6. Virginia Commonwealth University’s pep band, the Peppas, will get the crowd going, Jack and Melissa from 103.7 Play have the countdown and the School of the Performing Arts in the Richmond Community will be caroling. WRIC-TV 8 News’ Katie Dupree plays the Snow Queen. thejamescenter.com.
4. Main Street Station plays host to the Main Street Holiday Illumination party on Friday, Dec. 2, at 5:30 p.m., which includes a free outdoor showing of “The Polar Express” on a 25-foot inflatable screen.
5. M&T Bank Lights Up For Reading Night on Dec. 5 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. $13.
6. Dominion GardenFest of Lights: Living Color continues at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, nightly from 5-10. lewisginter.org.