10. Can Can Brasserie No riffraff here. A noise level on the higher side and cuisine to match, absolutely no one notices a quick kiddie meltdown between a couple of delicious courses — and a wine list to help you stay mellow. 3120 W. Cary St., 358-7274.
9. The Continental Westhampton This hip diner mixes cocktails and menu options for kids seamlessly with a keen eye toward detail. Little ones have plenty of visual flash to keep their attention while adults wind down at an equally flashy happy hour. 5704 Grove Ave., 285-0911.
8. Tied: Local Breweries Take your choice: Legend, Hardywood, Strangeways, Lickinghole, Center of the Universe. There's room for running and jumping, locally made brews and great views. Places where the smalls can tag along for an afternoon of parental socializing.
7. Galley Accessible menu choices combined with easy listening and easy brews are enough reason to forego a sitter and bring the whole family for a meal at this South Side watering hole. 2805 Hathaway Road, 323-1117.
6. Joe's Inn A two-headed Richmond institution. One side features an almost full-length wood bar. The other is a tamer sit-down establishment. College nostalgia is bound to erupt over family-size portions of Greek lasagna. 205 N. Shields Ave. Bon Air location: 2616 Buford Road, 320-9700.
5. Melito's Paper-covered tables become easels for children's art projects and name-spelling practice. Side plates of pizza and pitchers of cold beer for the adults are an added bonus. 8815 Three Chopt Road, 285-1899.
4. O'Toole's Restaurant and Pub A long-standing, family-owned establishment, O'Toole's has kept South Side eyes smiling for years. An expansion a few years ago made more room for families and neighbors to congregate, socialize and feel right at home. Just like a quaint pub in Ireland. 4800 Forest Hill Ave., 233-1781.
3. Toast Reminisce about bars past in this beautifully renovated happy-hour hot spot. Then make new memories while sharing kid-friendly appetizers and sipping a pint. 7007 Three Chopt Road, 525-4525.
2. Mekong Dinner is wrought with large families creatively wielding Lazy Susans that perilously overflow with rice while simultaneously quaffing the newest thing in craft brew. Plus, isn't An Bui a true kid at heart? 6004 W. Broad St., 288-8929.
1. The Mill on MacArthur Where a kiddie corner, complete with coloring books and sundry communal toys, looks completely at home next to a can of Mama's Yella Pils and bite-sized chicken tenders. 4023 MacArthur Ave., 716-1196.