1) Roasted broccolini with white bean spread on whole-wheat pita: fresh and zippy.
Fresca, 22 S. Addison, 359-8638.
2) Shrimp har gaw with dumplings, delicate and succulent.
Queen's Dim Sum, 7801 W. Broad St., 672-8989.
3) Lobster roll with truffle oil and asparagus fries is a $10 lunch that tastes like a million.
M Bistro, 4821 Old Main St., Rocketts Landing, 652-2300.
4) Mussels mingle with sea urchin roe, radicchio and blood orange.
Aziza's, 2110 E. Main St., 344-1523.
5) French fries, quite possibly the best in town.
On the Rox, 119 N. 18th St., 303-9444.
6) Siciliana caponata is tender and tangy eggplant.
Deco Ristorante, 2901 Park Ave. 342-4278.
7) Smoked fish dip "that I'm still dreaming about," Matthew Freeman says.
Heritage, 1627 W. Main St., 353-4060.
8) Beef tongue tacos with shots of Espolón tequila.
Tio Pablo, 1703 E. Franklin St., 643-4828.
9) Pork belly appetizer, crispy and shellacked, is the best in town.
Patina, 3416 Lauderdale Drive. 360-8217.
10) Sea urchin with squid ink bucabini is a work of art.
Secco, 2933 W. Cary St. 355-1375.
11) The sea dog, with seaweed salad and wasabi mayo, is choice.
A2, 1112 E. Main St. 344-3220.
12) Foie gras on Sally Lunn with caramelized apple shows new ways with classics.
Belmont Food Shop, 27 N. Belmont Ave. 358-7467.
13) Beef and lamb shawarma on baked-to-order pita is painted with tahini.
Doner Kebab, 3459 W. Cary St., 308-2611.
14) Black bean soup leaves us feeling healthy, strong and satiated.
Selba, 2416 W. Cary St., 358-2229.