- Ten Thousand Villages
- Good-luck clay pig from Ten Thousand Villages
1. Bag of shredded money from the Federal Reserve. Price: Free.
Tour "The Fed Experience" exhibit at the Richmond branch and get your own little souvenir of a not-so-prosperous year.
2. Good-luck clay pig from Ten Thousand Villages: Price $4.
These little three-legged pigs, called chanchitos, are made in Chile and given as tokens of love and luck.
3. Handmade soap from Rowhouse Soaps. Price: $5.
Owner Michael Walsh will happily show you how he makes his all-natural, herbal soaps in flavors such as green tea and tangerine oatmeal.
4. Spice mixes from Penzeys Spices. Price: Less than $5 for a quarter-cup jar.
Try the BBQ 3000 rub, black and red spice or China tung hing cinnamon.
5. Chocolate-filled Virginia cookie cutter from the Virginia Shop at the Library of Virginia. Price: $4.99.
Virginia is for chocolate lovers — and Richmond is marked with a red candy heart.