by Sean Rapoza, Balliceaux
1. When bartenders act like they're doing you a favor by serving you a drink. I know you're the rock star behind the stick and all, but I'm paying you for your service. Now, if you buy me a round, that's a different story.
2. Waiting more than 10 minutes for a two-ounce cocktail. Better be high-proof. Delicious is a nice secondary trait, with sexy presentation being third.
3. Multiple drink menus. Do we really need separate clipboards for each style of old-fashioned?
4. Judging guests based on cocktail orders. When a lady orders a cosmo, you make her a cosmo, no jokes about how "Sex and the City" went off the air 10 years ago and there are so many better choices.
5. The too-small supply of Fernet-Branca in the commonwealth. Bartenders (and mixologists) need refreshment too.
© 2021 Style Weekly