Style Weekly has an opening for Editor in Chief. Style is a 35-year-old alternative weekly newsmagazine featuring news, arts, culture and opinion. Style also produces a portfolio of ancillary publications and websites.
• Responsible for setting the overall tone, agenda and vision for Style Weekly Media and its ancillary publications.
• Serves as chief editorial liaison between Style Weekly and the public, the publisher and other internal teams.
• Leads a news/editorial team of 7 members.
• Responsible for all editorial content, photography and design in all products.
• Acts as a general manager for ancillary publications and digital sites.
• Responsible for management duties to include: planning, overseeing, and executing annual editorial budget; developing new editorial ideas.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• A leadership track record using a team management approach.
• Proven ability to lead a team through the creative process, while coaching, developing and motivating individuals in a newsroom environment.
• A depth of knowledge in a variety of fields, including politics, digital content creation, current events, the arts and pop culture.
• Team leadership, time management and organizational skills that result in operational excellence.
• A four-year degree or equivalent.
Please, no phone calls. Apply online below, or mail resume with writing sample and cover letter (including salary expectations) by June, 30, 2017. Writing samples will not be returned. Submissions received after June 30 will not be considered.
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2r4IjS0
Mail: Lori Collier Waran
24 East 3rd Street
Richmond, VA 23224
Style Weekly is looking for a unique person interested in a job in Event Coordinating and Advertising Account Sales to join our sales team. The ideal candidate must be a hungry self-starter with the ability to cold call like a mad man. Or woman. Digital Sales experience would be even better. Event planning in your work history? Then you may be the perfect candidate! Candidates must have crazy strong customer service and organizational skills and be computer literate.
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2s4MDoV
Do you zealously follow Richmond’s vibrant and growing arts and music scenes? We’re searching for sharp, insightful writers, contributors and reviewers to join Style Weekly’s award-winning arts and culture team. We're especially interested in finding specialists in hip-hop, visual arts and classical music.
Be able to tell a compelling story, unearth fascinating and relevant issues, provide informed commentary without cheerleading, offer incisive opinions and critique, and communicate vividly with our smart, engaged readers, please email a resume and a few samples of your writing to: Arts and Culture Editor Brent Baldwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you zealously follow Richmond’s vibrant and growing dining scene? We’re searching for sharp, insightful writers, contributors and reviewers to join Style Weekly’s award-winning food and drink team. Because this isn't a full-time staff position, it's especially important that writers we consider are willing to use discretion and stay below the radar while working.
If you're able to tell a compelling story, unearth fascinating and relevant issues, provide informed commentary without cheerleading, offer incisive opinions and critique, and communicate vividly with our smart, engaged readers, please email a resume and a few samples of your writing to: Food and Drink Editor Brandon Fox at email@example.com.