Filming has shifted from the Virginia State Capitol to battlefield scenes west of town and back to Monument Avenue this week, forcing residents to move their cars and bring in the lawn furniture.
• David Strathairn is everywhere. Strathairn (“The Bourne Ultimatum,” Syfy series “Alphas”) had brunch at Millie’s on Saturday, Nov. 5, then showed up at the National that night to see Los Angeles soul group Fitz and the Tantrums.
• Strathairn, John Hawkes and Tim Blake Nelson (aka Delmar from “O Brother, Where Art Thou”) all ate dinner at Edo’s Squid on Nov. 10. Exciting, our tipster says, but she’s still searching for Bruce McGill of “Animal House” fame: “I really want to see D-Day and go for a ride in the Deathmobile!”
• A baby-faced Joseph Cross (“Milk”) and goateed Jeremy Strong (“The Good Wife”) joined Strathairn for dinner at Pescados China Street on Friday, Nov. 4.
• Tommy Lee Jones has taken a shine to Bistro 27. He dined there three times the first week of November.
• James Spader, never far from his shades, was seen at Stuzzi last week. How do we know? Restaurant owner Peter Caserta immediately e-mailed the city’s food writers a photo of himself with an arm over Spader’s shoulder, standing in the restaurant’s kitchen.
• Sorry, if you missed Lee Pace (“Pushing Daisies”), who plays Fernando Wood in the film, he’s gone. You’ll just have to buy a ticket for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2.”